Yesterday, Union Rescue Mission had the honor of recognizing 14 brave men who graduated from our Christian Life Discipleship Program (CLDP). CLDP is an intensive year long program that affects the entire life – physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, and social. Each of these men have had to face personal demons, mend broken relationships, and most of all—discover their true self as created in the image of God.
Graduates of the CLDP complete:
- 156 Hours of Bible/recovery classes
- 50 hours of Biblical 12 steps
- 200 hours of Physical Fitness
- 49 weeks of Sunday church attendance
- 104 hours of devotions in URM Family devotions
- 200 hours of participation in the Bank of America Learning Center
- 1200 hours of work therapy in one of URM’s departments
- 30 hours of individual counseling with a URM chaplain
Needless to say, we are very proud of each and every one of these men, and are excited to see how their future in Christ unfolds.
We also want to thank Keynote speaker, Dr. Paul Flores, from Church of the Redeemer for his rousing words on how this world is not our home. And for our musical guest, Lavonne Seetal, wife of our very own Reverend Walter Seetal, for sharing her stirring musical talent.
As all you courageous graduates move forward in your recovery, be reminded of what your fellow-graduate, Tramon, said in his speech,
“When the devil reminds you of your past, remind the devil of his future”